You would be required to ensure the right merchandise available at the right shelf and at the right price.
What You Will Do
- Analysing past sales figures/trends to anticipate future product needs.
- Devising a merchandise plan using the above techniques.
- Relaying the merchandise plan to the buyer who, in turn, can decide on what products, styles, colours etc to purchase and from which suppliers, at what price.
- Devising a contract for the suppliers including quality control, accuracy and flexibility. This is done throughout the season.
- Allocating certain amounts of stock, to each outlet, throughout the season. Retailers are now trying to minimise stock holdings and commitment to allow for maximum flexibility.
- Once the products are all distributed and put on sale, the Merchandiser can monitor stock movement, consider markdowns, inter-branch transfers, promotions or clear outs etc.
What we can offer you
- An excellent working environment.
- International exposure involving a worldwide clientele.
- Opportunity to grow up the corporate ladder on the basis of your superior performance.